Internal Auditor - Global Blue Chip - Birmingham
£42,000 to £45,000pa
£42-45k basic + benefits: contributory pension, life assurance, staff discount (30%) membership subscriptions, bonus scheme + others.
The audit department is an influential and highly respected component of the group finance function. The team works with all facets of the business and provides audit, controls and risk management reporting to senior management. This gives the audit function unrivalled access and exposure to key stakeholders and a real commercial overview and insight through projects into the most interesting areas of this listed organisation.
Key duties include:
• Working in partnership with finance departments, key stakeholders and strategic management across the business globally.
• Understanding finance and operational risks, processes and mitigating controls over a series of processes across finance and other business functions.
• Specialist investigations and projects as well as project-managing and individual audit assignments.
• Improving and developing audit methodology to adapt to changing risk profiles.
• Planning and delivery of audits and communication and liaison with key stakeholders relevant to these audits.
• Influencing and refining approaches across the wider business.
We are seeking a qualified audit professional (ACA/ICAS/ACCA/IIA or equivalent) with strong interpersonal skills. You may have qualified within a Big 4 / top 20 accountancy firm and will be looking to progress your career by moving into a blue chip business. Alternatively, you may already be working within internal audit in industry.
There is not a high level of travel within the role and it is within the UK - the average is 5-10% travel - as the business utilises video conference calling to cut down on its carbon footprint.
You will need to demonstrate an ability to work effectively with stakeholders.
If you have knowledge of or some basic practical experience of SOX this is desirable although not essential.
You should be able to learn quickly and hit the ground running, as well as display ambition.
For a discussion or more information about this fantastic opportunity please do get in touch with the team at Churchill Howard.
Applicants of all ages and backgrounds with the relevant skills and experience are encouraged to apply. Churchill Howard acts in its capacity as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for temporary recruitment.
..Login & ApplyRegister & ApplyBack to Results