Commercial Finance Controller - International
£60,000 to £75,000pa
The role will be based out of the West Midlands but will require extensive European travel (estimated split of circa 50% UK, 50% overseas). The role therefore provides a fantastic opportunity to gain commercial exposure across a pan-European retail business and develop a broad understanding of wider European retail markets.
The Commercial Finance Controller – International will undertake the following remit:
• Act as an essential Business Partner to key International Directors, providing financial support, challenge and analysis to inform quality business insight and allow focussed management of performance.
• Own and develop the strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting process for the International Businesses, developing effective models to understand risks and value drivers to the Plan.
• Provide effective strategic analysis on the International Business to the Board to give penetrating business insight, which ensures progress against strategic value drivers is measured and risks to achievement of strategic value drivers are highlighted.
• Understand in detail the business model for International store development, analysing and communicating store profitability and developing plans for profit improvement.
• Work with Trading teams to provide analysis and financial support for the development of new international market product ranges, ensuring sales and margin performance targets are robust.
• Provide understanding and evaluation of strategic opportunities which may drive shareholder value including new store evaluation, store portfolio and profitability analysis, property costs and decision-making, optimisation of rents and rates, market understanding and intelligence, acquisition opportunities, range development and cost reduction opportunities.
• Implement a strong control environment in the International business to ensure that rapid roll-out of stores is well managed and risks are mitigated.
• Ensure that any risks arising from fluctuations in FX rates are understood, managed and mitigated.
• Assist in the roll-out and development a of major new ERP system across the European business ensuring finance systems are co-ordinated and fit for purpose.
• As scale and complexity increases, recruit and develop a Finance Analyst to support the growth and build any in-country finance capability required to support the International business.
• A Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACA preferred) with relevant post qualification experience
• Experience in financial management and roll out of a retail stores estate, preferably with international reach
• Experience in business partnering up to Director level, looking to build on this.
• Highly developed commercial skills and thought processes
• Advanced knowledge of Excel for modelling and analysis
• Ideally an FMCG or Retail background and exposure to a fast paced organisation.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills, able to drive change in both a consensual and challenging manner
• High energy and drive to thrive in a fast moving environment
If successful, you will be joining a UK global business with an extensive UK footprint and huge ambition to extend its offering to International markets. With this ambition will come the opportunity to develop and grow your career (either internationally or in the UK) as the business grows further
Applicants of all ages and backgrounds with the relevant skills and experience are encouraged to apply. Churchill Howard acts in its capacity as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for temporary recruitment.
Car allowance, excellent bonus and benefits
Paul O'HaraLogin & ApplyRegister & ApplyBack to Results